How to maintain your CGBP credential
Once you become a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), you will be required to maintain your credential through continuing education activities. Recertification enhances professional development and sustains the value of the CGBP credential by encouraging and recognizing learning and offering mechanisms to attain professional development.
What is the cost of recertification?
The annual processing fee to maintain your CGBP credential is $50. Click here to make your annual recertification payment.
How do I pay my annual recertification fee?
Click here to pay your annual recertification fee.
How many CEUs are required?
CGBPs are required to obtain 10 CEUs per year in order to remain in good standing. Attendance and/or participation in approved CEU activities will generally be counted at a 1 to 1 ratio. For example, attendance at a two hour export compliance workshop presented by an International Trade Assistance Center will be credited two CEUs.
CEUs will not carry over from year to year. You are required to obtain 10 CEUs every year. You may obtain and request an infinite number of CEUs every year, however only 10 will count for the year and regardless of the number of CEUs obtained in one year, none will carry over to the next year.
How do I submit annual CEUs?
Click here to submit your annual CEUs.
How do I view my CEU submission status?
1. Log in at www.nasbite.org
2. Click on: Manage Profile
3. Click on: Professional Development
Once you click on Professional Development you will see all of your CEU requests and status.
How do I know if a program I have attended or plan to attend will count for CEUs?
Generally, if the program covers any of the four CGBP domains (Global Business Management, Global Marketing, Supply Chain Management, or Trade Finance) and is sponsored or presented by a legitimate government agency, credit will be given. The best way to ensure credit for participating in programs, is to attend pre-approved programs.
Click here to find a list of NASBITE International pre-approved recertification programs.
What kinds of programs and activities qualify for CEUs?
- Attendance/participation in an accredited or NASBITE approved profession-related program in person or virtually.
- Attendance/participation in a government sponsored profession-related program in person or virtually.
- Attendance/participation in an designated course (s) at the NASBITE International Annual Conference
- Publication of relevant, peer-reviewed materials related to the focus of the CGBP Credential
- Developing learning materials and/or coursework for NASBITE International accredited initiatives
- Participation in CGBP certification program services (e.g. job analysis, item writing group, exam construction, pass point study)
- Participation in NASBITE International and CGBP committees or Boards (i.e. recertification committee)
- Public Policy Development